Friday, June 12, 2015

Resignation From Network Time Foundation

I don't often quote Bible verses but this seems like an appropriate time for "to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." I have served on the Network Time Foundation (NTF) board since its inception in 2012. It has been interesting being involved in the start of the foundation. But as the verse says, everything has a season and a purpose.

My primary responsibilities should always be to my family, career, and to my own free software project RTEMS. All of these need more of my attention. I want to do right for everyone and everything I am involved with.

After years in the free software community, I am always happy to share experiences and provide advice to other projects. I have seen a lot happen since the inception of RTEMS and learned a lot of lessons the hard way. If I can help someone avoid those pains, I am happy to. That offer applies equally to projects under the NTF umbrella as well as any others.

I will close with one piece of advice for all free software projects. Remember that it is all about the code and community. Get those right and the rest will fall into place.

4 comments:

  1. Provident is one of the most successful small saving scheme meant for retirement planning of employees. EPF mandates employers to contribute equivalent contribution to that of employees for their benefit.
    Superannuation Fund Management System

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your article. You cant visit my website :
    block strike apk

    ReplyDelete